Saturday, November 04, 2006

National Climate March

I fear I am too tired to go up to London to rally against Exxon and the American Embassy so I will do a virtual march in Blog Space:

http://www.campaigncc.org/

I have blogged about Exxon before - the most short-term profitable company ever.

Of course this marching is illogical and probably pointless or even counter-productive but I wanted to see first-hand what it is about.

My banner would have been:

THIS IS THE MARCH THAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED BEFORE IRAQ - ITS ALL ABOUT OIL AND OVERCONSUMPTION.

A tad long obviously but my sentiment is that we can't just rally against war and not stop doing the things that cause war, i.e. ourselves and the way we overconsume. People are so hypocritical and shallow. Some people go I am sure just because they love to show public anger.

I still believe it could be worth going but I am simply too exhausted. Maybe I will go march through Oxford by myself.

No comments:

Glass is half full?

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.
www.flickr.com