Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Into Great Silence

A Christian monastery is the home of a great many love affairs with god. A couple of extremely funny scenes punctuate the solemnity of the strange habits that dress the inner walls. Its a little clearer why people do this religion thing - they are in love with the god sensation. If I think with tradition in mind then the concept scares me, with wanting to hide from the world then its a little more like disgust, if I think these people are getting out there too and spreading a little more humanity and reminding us all about heart...then I am okay with it. I don't understand how cutting yourself off and worshipping an old text can ever help do this.

I see the point of silence though. We live in an ever-more distracting world, messages everywhere.

No comments:

Glass is half full?

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.
www.flickr.com