Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cyberdisinhibition

According to Daniel Goleman the Internet degrades human interaction because it allows us to communicate in a way that bypasses normal communication protocols that control 'flaming' or losing ones temper.

This may account for my rant about Tony Blair earlier this week.

I was aware when writing I was going over the top but it felt good to do it. I am doing no harm (except perhaps to my own credibility) and it felt good to write in a 'disinhibited' way. Most of my rationale thoughts are in this post they are just not dressed up in neutral emotional language (words that disguise my anger).

Anyway, according to Goleman (author of Emotional Intelligence) the Internet and my mind cannot be in tune because humans have evolved to expect face-to-face feedback that regulates
emotional and social well-being.

I stand corrected. (Blair, I still think you are a tosser :-) ) Tourettes, shit, fukk, w******

No comments:

Glass is half full?

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.
www.flickr.com