Sunday, September 17, 2006

Childhood stories - pooh bear


What was it about these characters that I loved so much when I was young. I had Pooh world above my bed headboard in the form of a poster and could stare at it endlessly. Is this why I like honey so much, why I seem to adopt tigger as a nickname, and last week watched a film about a donkey. Piglet bemused me a bit but otherwise I loved reading the antics of this funny crew.

Paddington bear too had some sort of good old english charm, a security in familair innocence, a rare bit of solidarity.

Ah, happy times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.

Glass is half full?

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.
www.flickr.com