Monday, August 21, 2006

Acerbic but...

So far the postings have been acerbic but nevertheless writing them has been therapeutic, it is weirdly pleasant ranting to theoretically, the rest of the online world. Well that brings up one sore point, no one is reading my postings! The is probably due mostly to my blog being very small, the quality of the postings is pretty poor still but mostly because I am not interacting with other bloggers. As with flickr I need to link to other blogs and comment on other postings, kind of tit for tat but this is as would be expected in a community of practice.

When I started out I thought I should be anonymous (pseudononymous?) so that I could feel free to post whatever thoughts were on my mind. Now I think this is a bad approach as thoughts posted in this manner tend to be sloppier and less well-formed. When a writer feels scrutiny then their brain will work harder. So I am happy with the identity of my blog although I wish it wasn't called diuretic (in the domain name)...but I have just changed the domain anyway.

One of the ways I can use my blog is to document the communications I have with politicians through www.writetothem.com so maintain a public record of how our wonderful democratic system operates. I will be able to post the letters I send along with replies and provide links to the research I have been doing on air quality or pollution.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know no one is reading your blog?

emphemeral said...

good point Ms anonymous :-)

Glass is half full?

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day.
www.flickr.com